Chiropractic and Personal Injury Care in Trinity, North Carolina
We believe the first step you need to take to gain the full function of your body is by having a spine that’s properly functioning.
The spinal column is made up of more than 20 independent vertebrae that allows or bodies to bend, twist and move as we carry out our daily activities. It protects the most crucial part of the body which controls the organs, muscles and tissue – the central nervous system.
When the vertebrae isn’t functioning well anymore, there is misalignment. You will most likely be in pain and discomfort as you go about. We want to help you beat that pain. All without the use of drugs or surgical treatments. How?
Through chiropractic care. Join the rest of world who are on the path to a pain-free and drug-free proactive health approach. Visit our Trinity clinic and learn how your body can heal on its own.
What is Chiropractic Care?
Since its inception more than 100 years ago, chiropractic care has come a long way and has become more accessible over the past 30 years.
What once was referred to as an alternative healthcare option is now being treated as a mainstream counterpart of the traditional way of treating medical disorders.
The man behind chiropractic care is D.D. palmer who initially made a claim through research that the root cause of many diseases is in fact, interrelated with spine function.
In the late 1800s, Palmer treated his first patient, Harvey Lillard who was suffering from impaired hearing. Palmer improved the communication gateway from the brain to the body by realigning Lillard’s spine.
Palmer went to on to continue his alternative treatment procedures while teaching future practitioners at the same time. Today, there are more than 70,000 licensed chiropractic doctors in the United States alone.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Alleviate Pain
Chiropractic health care basically focuses on the spine and joints and its relationship with the nervous system as a whole.
A chiropractor specializes on the diagnosis and care of spine-related conditions and joint issues. Our chiropractors focus on the overall well-being of the patients and help develop maximum health benefits without the unnecessary medication or surgical procedure.
We provide not only pain-free adjustments of the spine but also holistic fitness coaching and lifestyle recommendations to help you achieve the best spinal health that your own body can offer.
Chiropractic Consultation and Diagnosis
Our chiropractors use scientific research and experience to understand various organ, muscle and tissue dysfunctions that are closely related to the spine.
When you visit our Trinity clinic, you will be going through a series of tests and medical examination to determine the cause of your condition.
The chiropractic examination is composed of a series of tests that include assessment of reflexes, blood pressure, pulse and other neurological tests to check muscle tone and strength as well as neurological integrity.
Other tests may be required to further assess the affected part of the body. You will go through a posture analysis or manipulation.
Based upon the results of the examination and upon learning of your medical history, diagnostic studies will be conducted to identify structural dysfunctions and abnormalities for a more accurate diagnosis.
The most common diagnostic tests include X-ray examination, Magnetic Resonance Imaging scanning and other extensive imaging tests.
Common conditions treated with Chiropractic Care
- Spinal arthritis – People who suffer from spinal arthritis will initially begin to notice gradual pain and discomfort which may vary according to the severity of the problem. Some of the most apparent indications of an arthritis include back pain, spinal stiffness, weakness in the arms and legs, difficulty moving, fatigue, loss of appetite, and joint deformity.
- Soft tissue injuries- Popularly known as the most common sport injury, soft tissue injuries affect the tissues that connect and support other body structures and organs within the body. Our soft tissues include muscles, tendons, blood vessels, ligaments, and nerves.
- Back Pain – It can affect anyone regardless of age but this type of pain is common among adults aged 30 to 50. Research says that it most likely related to the way our muscles, bones and ligaments work. If you are suffering from lower back pain, it could be linked to the spinal cord and nerves, abdominal or internal organs and the lower back muscles. Pain in the upper portion of the body may be related to spine inflammation, disorders of the aorta or chest tumors.
- Whiplash – Usually the result of a sudden rear impact while in a steady position, whiplash is typically a common injury that is often mistreated due to lack of knowledge of the condition. Failure to identify the causes and lack of treatment will leave patients feeling anxious and depressed all the time.
- Degenerative Disc Disease – Characterized by pain in the spine, this particular disease occurs when the spinal discs become worn-out due to the normal changes in the body. Spinal discs are generally the shock absorbers between the spinal vertebrae. They help our backs become flexible so we can move, bend and twist. As we get older, spinal discs also become worn out due to constant wear and tear. Hence, it may not be able to work so well anymore.
Chiropractic Care Patient Treatment
- Manual/Instrumental Adjustments – a chiropractic adjustment is a safe and specific force applied to the joints to help restore the full function and mobility of the body. The spine may become affected by certain impacts in the body like stress, overexertion and accidents. These bodily changes greatly make an impact to the nervous system and other areas of the body. Chiropractic adjustments help reduce pain and develop the performance of the body. It can either be manually done or with the use of medical instruments.
- Electric Stimulation – During this therapy, electrodes are gently placed on the skin which sends out electrical pulses to the different parts of the body to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Spinal Decompression – It is a non-surgical and cost effective treatment procedure that focuses on disc problems of the neck and the back. Back and neck pain are usually characterized by weakness, pain, numbness, and a decreased function in the arms and legs. This kind of therapy uses a computerized and traction-like technology to create pressure inside the damaged disc.
- Stabilization Drills – To make a full recovery from back pain, stabilization drills are conducted to stabilize the spine and the lower back while reducing the strain and stress on the rest of its structure that includes ligaments, joints and discs.
- Myofascial Release Techniques – This holistic therapy focuses on the release of muscle tightness and shortness. Most of the patients that seek myofascial release techniques often complain of losing flexible function due to an injury of the back, hip or shoulder that’s characterized by excruciating pain.
Your First Visit in the Clinic
When you visit our Trinity clinic for the first time, our chiropractic practitioners will get data on your medical history and other background information to determine how and when the symptoms of your condition started.
You’ll encounter questions like what activities were you performing when you discovered the pain or how did the pain start. Other tests may be conducted like a physical examination or other diagnostic examinations to determine what kind of treatment plan is required for your particular condition.
Chiropractic care takes pride in allowing the body to heal on its own and regain the functions that it was initially intended for.
Our chiropractors focus on education all patients about how the body is designed and programmed to rebuild its own structure with a holistic approach that does not involve drugs and surgery.
Visit our clinic now and discover how we can make a great impact on your health and well-being.