Chiropractic Clinic Serving Ramseur, North Carolina
Why Chiropractic Care?
More and more people consider chiropractic clinics when it comes to treating pain. Today there are roughly 77,000 Chiropractic Doctors in the United States. Chiropractic is one of the most popular alternative treatments in the world, so why not in Ramseur, NC.
Of all people, only chiropractors understand what your pains are and they will do their best to alleviate it especially the chiropractors at Cobb Chiropractic Clinic. This is why whenever you are enduring different kinds of pain, visiting the chiropractor should be a priority.
How does Chiropractic Care work?
You have to be thorough when you describe the kind of
Acute pain refers to a sudden sense of discomfort but will usually pass after few minutes. Chronic pain is the annoying type that will stick with you no matter what. Chronic pain is ongoing and persists for a long time. Chronic pain may be in the form of back, neck, bone, and nerve pain.
There are different techniques the chiropractors will use to treat the pain. As soon as you are diagnosed, they will create a plan that is suitable for you.
They will also recommend lifestyle changes if the need arises. You have to know though that if the pain is intractable, meaning severe and you are already taking heavy medication, there is nothing that they can do for you so better see your specialist right away.
Now that you know how to identify the pain, it is up to the chiropractor to make a diagnosis. Most of the time physical examination will be sufficient. The chiropractor will ask you to perform series of exercises like:
- Gait examination will determine if you have inconsistencies between the spine and pelvis.
- Posture check will determine if you have poor posture. Poor posture will lead to spinal misalignment, joint pain, and muscle pain if not resolved.
- Piriformis test will determine if you have a piriformis syndrome. This is commonly called buttock pain.
- Straight Leg Raise will determine if there is an irritation or tension in your sciatic nerve.
- Psoas muscle test will determine if there is an imbalance of the vertebrae’s joints.