Chiropractic Injury and Pain Relief Care in Jamestown, NC
When you are injured in an accident in Jamestown and need medical help, come see our Chiropractors at Cobb Chiropractic Clinic.
For the uninitiated, chiropractic care is the art of spinal manipulation or “cracking bones”. Imagine your bones making cracking sounds from a quick yet painless force. This way, the pain signals are released from the spine thus aligning it properly.
The main purpose of chiropractic care is to treat conditions and injuries to the musculoskeletal systme, which runs throughout the entire body.
Chiropractic care has seen its founding back in 1895 by Daniel David Palmer. It’s a pseudo-medicine that worked with his first patient.
His patient had trouble hearing and after undergoing chiropractic care, most of his hearing went back. Palmer initially thought to keep the practice within his family but his son wanted to fully learn it.
After that, it has slowly become popular within the town and expanded throughout the regions. Today, it’s one of the popular alternative medicines out there - for the reason that it’s effective.
Reduce Or End Body Pain Through Chiropractic Care
The way our body communicate with each other is by sending signals. These signals have a central unit of some sort, which is the spine. The spinal cord supports most parts of the body.
If you're having problems with your arms, legs, neck, or head, chiropractic care can ease that problem. What’s even better is that it only happen within an hour.
So, say goodbye to long procedures. To start with Jamestown chiropractic care, a chiropractor needs to run some diagnostic tests first.
How Chiropractor’s Diagnose Patients
The way diagnostic works is the same from any hospital. The usual x-rays, compressions tests, neurological tests are done.
If required, you may even undergo MRI or CT scan. But of course, this depends on the criticality of your issue. Chiropractic care involves the movement of the spine, which is a delicate part of the body.
A chiropractor won’t suggest taking the practice if the body isn’t well suited for. Apart from that, various simple tests are done. For example, chiropractors would feel the lower back part. This way, they could identify the placement of bones. It’s surprising how much they know from touch.
What Conditions Chiropractors Treat
Jamestown Chiropractors offer treatment to many common conditions. There are tons of benefits of chiropractic care, but the most commonly treated condition is back pain.
From back pain, there’s also headache and sprains. Sometimes, during the diagnostic test, chiropractors discover pain hidden within the body. Meaning, you didn’t know that it’s there or it’s an injury that has delayed symptoms.
But to go into detail, here are some of the common conditions our Chiropractors serving Jamestown, North Carolina treat:
- Whiplash - a non-medical term for common neck injuries. Usually, this arises from car collision or sudden neck movement.
- Spinal Arthritis - this usually involves old people. The cartilage of the neck and lower back breaks down over time and causes arm and leg weakness.
- Soft Tissue Injuries - one of the most common cases. Most sporty people sustain this injury. It targets the ligaments, tendons, nerves, tissues, blood vessels, and more.
- Back Pain - it could be either acute or chronic back pain. Acute can be cured with self-treatment while chronic focuses on reducing pain.
- Subluxation - whether you’re sleeping or not, subluxation can occur. This is one of the common roots of neck and back pain. This is caused by stress or physical trauma.
- Migraine Headaches - compared to regular headaches, migraine is intense and a bit painful. Apart from chiropractic care, it’s also best to have lifestyle & nutritional counseling.
- Sciatica - the compressed sciatic nerve results to pain from the lower back to the legs. Swelling is also possible in this case.
- Herniated Disc - this type of condition suddenly arises. At times, you’ll feel sudden excruciating pain from the neck to the leg. If it, somehow, affects your movement, there’s a high chance it’s herniated disc.
- Sports Injuries - from being tackled to overuse of arms, common sports injuries are treated through chiropractic care. By pinching the affected nerve, it provides relief to certain parts of the body.
These are just some of the conditions treated with chiropractic care. Due to the connection between the spine and the rest of the body, chiropractic care can benefit your overall well-being.
But, it is important to realize that chiropractors still refer patients to other types of doctors in case they would benefit from a different type of treatment.
Your Chiropractors number one priority is your recovery, not their pocketbook.
How Chiropractors Treat The Spine
The main thing about chiropractic care is the spine. While the treatment involves manual movements. By realigning the spine, it affects the other parts of the body that provides relief.
This common practice is called manual adjustments. Chiropractors have a feel of the spine through touch. In a typical session, before the actual manual adjustment, the patient is massaged for 10 minutes.
Within 10 minutes, the chiropractor will know the position of the spine as well as the affected nerves. But apart from manual adjustments, there are instrument adjustments.
Take it from the name itself, it makes use of an instrument in the shape of a glue gun. At the tip, it provides gentle pressure to the body. Usually, it’s used for the neck to accurately pinpoint affected nerves.
Within the technological world, electrical stimulation is also used through light rays. These rays provide electricity in small amounts. It’s totally painless, so no need to worry.
One of the most used techniques by a chiropractor is myofascial release techniques. In simple words, a massage. As mentioned, it’s done before the actual manual adjustments.
Visiting For The First Time?
The session starts with a series of questions. Your chiropractor will ask for your medical history. This includes previous injuries, common problems, lifestyle, and sometimes, nutrition. When it comes to reported pain, the when and how of the pain is always asked. As well as the severity of pain.
All in all, chiropractic care is a great alternative medicine to common medicinal procedures. If the regular treatment doesn’t work for you, you might want to try with a chiropractor instead.
With simple adjustments to the pain, your existing pain will be manageable.