Cedar Falls, NC Chiropractic Care and Treatment Clinic
Looking for a Chiropractor Near You in Cedar Falls, North Carolina?
Cobb Chiropractic prides itself on alleviating pain and reducing nagging pain symptoms and has over 40 years of experience doing so..
We take care of our patients with the utmost respect and care, and even make sure to personalize treatment plans.
You can contact Cobb Chiropractic at 336-568-8822 to learn more about our treatment options and how we may be able to help you.
How Chiropractors Relieve Pain for Cedar Falls Patients
So what is chiropractic care and how can our chiropractors benefit you?
The primary goal of chiropractic care is to relieve the pain through removing nerve interference in the body caused by spinal misalignments also known as subluxation.
Chiropractors are trained to diagnose first and then devise an individualized treatment plan to suit your needs.
The first step is to describe the kind of pain you are feeling. You should know that there are several types of pain.
Intractable pain usually involves heavy medication. This is the kind of pain that chiropractors cannot help.
As for the acute and chronic pain, they will surely help.
Acute pain is just a momentary feeling; it passes for few minutes. Chronic pain is more problematic because of its persistence.
This is the time that you should see a chiropractor.
Chronic pain may come in a different form from headaches or migraines to bone pain, nerve pain, back pain, neck pain, leg pain and many more.
About Dr. Shane A. Cobb from Cobb Chiropractic
Dr. Shane A. Cobb has been proudly treating Clemmons patients and successfully relieving their pain. Dr. Cobbs father started Cobb Chiropractic back in 1977, and have been serving the community for over 40 years.
Dr. Cobb is passionate about all his work endeavors, and he even earned the highest individual score on his General Diagnosis section of the national board exam at Sherman College.
You can be confident knowing Dr. Cobb will put the time and effort in to make sure your treatment and recovery process is accurate and specific to you.
How Our Chiropractors Diagnose Your Injury
In order to create a treatment plan, your Cobb Chiropractors need to diagnose the injury first so they will know what areas to tackle. This can be done through a series of physical examinations and you offering any information you can about the injury, accident, and your medical history.
There will different types of physical examination that they will ask you to perform. This will, of course, depend on the symptoms or pain you described.
For example, chiropractors will ask you to walk to determine if there are discrepancies between your spine and pelvis; this is called gait examination.
There is also this Yeoman’s test that can help the chiropractor conclude if your sacroiliac joints are strained or sprained. Another test is called psoas muscle test that can help the doctor assess the imbalance of joints in between the vertebrae.
Your chiropractor at Cobb Chiropractic Clinic is also able to conduct imaging tests such as MRIs and x-rays.
Usual Injuries Handled by Chiropractors
Chiropractors typically treat the following pain or injuries:
1. Back pain: pain in the lower back can be the result of different conditions that affect the lumbar spine and the discs. It is a common problem for adults. Symptoms include weight loss, fever, inflammation of the back, leg pain, and knee pain.
2. Neck pain: Neck pain is more common. Symptoms include stiff neck, sharp pain, soreness, and headaches.
3. Cervicogenic headaches and migraines: Cervicogenic headaches refer to headaches caused by other illness.
4. Coccydynia: Coccydynia is a medical issue that refers to a pain in the tailbone. Sitting abruptly usually causes this.
5. Degenerative Disc Disease: The disc in your spine changes normally but when these changes are painful, degenerative disc disease will follow.
6. Herniated discs: Herniated disc is sometimes called ruptured disc. The cause if a tear in the exterior of the soft jelly. This will irritate the nerves that will lead to weakness, numbness and pain.
7. Carpal tunnel syndrome: This is a medical condition that is caused by a compression of the median nerve. Symptoms include tingling and numbness of the hands and arms.
Important note: If you are seriously injured in an accident, chiropractic care can always help, but if you need medical attention immediately you need to receive emergency care.
The closest hospital to Cedar Falls, NC is Randolph Health.
How Cobb Chiropractors Treat their Cedar Falls Patients
Here are some of the treatments executed by chiropractors to help relieve your pain:
A. Manual adjustments: This refers to a treatment that uses the hands in terms of manipulating the spine.
B. Spinal decompression: This method will effectively re-position the bulging disc material.
C. Traction: Traction is widely used treatment in chiropractic. It uses weights to treat muscle and spinal pain.
D. Postural re-education: In this treatment, you will learn how the posture affects the efficiency of movement, endurance and overall well-being.